Text MWRPOOL to 1 (904) 293- 1321 to receive updates right on your phone!
Our Natatorium is located inside the Fitness Center and features a 50-meter Olympic-size pool. Family swim, lap swim, and aqua fitness are some of the many programs offered throughout the year. Monday - Wednesday is our short course (25yrs & 25m lanes) and Thursday - Saturday is our long course (50m lanes).
Our 50-meter Olympic-size Outdoor Pool is open in the summer. The pool features a splash area for young children, an 18-foot water slide, and a bathhouse. The pool is the perfect place to host a birthday party or private event during the summer season. Download our Aquatics Brochure for more information on parties, swim lessons and swim rules.
Friday & Saturday: 6:00 pm-8:00 pm. $150 for a 2-hour pool party with 50 guests and private use of the entire facility. $50 additional fee for WIBIT (inffatable playground). $25 additional fee for use of the water slide.
Tuesday - Sunday: 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm. $75 for a 2-hour pool party with 50 guests and private use of a portion of the pool and deck. WIBIT (inffatable playground) is not available. Water slide will operate for 1 hour.
Reservations: Call to reserve 904-270-5101, or come by the Fitness Center. *$25 fee for every added 25 guests.
Learn to Swim Program
Classes are offered seasonally. View registration availability at: NavyMWRMayport.com/Swim.
- Children under 12 years old must be accompanied by, and under the direct supervision of, an individual at least 18 years of age.
Children between the ages of 12 and 16, if left unattended, must be able to swim a minimum of 25 yards, pass the swim test and
be signed in and out by the parent/guardian who drops them o and picks them up. The swim must be issued by an on-duty lifeguard.
- All patrons must sign in upon entering the facility. Guests must be sponsored by an individual with approved access to the
facility and pay the command-approved guest fee of $5.
- All swimmers must shower before entering the pool.
- Babies must wear “swimmer” diapers specific for pools.
- Patrons with colds, skin infections, or open wounds may not enter the pool.
- Swimmers must wear clean and appropriate swimwear. Cut-off jeans, pants, or cotton t-shirts are not authorized.
- Swimming with eyeglasses is permitted if they are safety glasses and properly secured with the appropriate straps.
- Eating or drinking is not allowed in the pool. Food and drinks must remain in the designated sitting/lounging areas (food and
drinks must stay a minimum of 6-feet away from the pool coping).
- No smoking inside the pool fence line. Smoking is only permitted at a distance of at least 25 feet from the pool gate entrance
and away from the immediate pool area.
- Navy instructions strictly prohibit nose covering masks, aquatic toys, floaties, and equipment in the pool during regular hours
of operation. Kickboards and other items used for lap swimming are authorized (nose covering masks are only permitted for
pre-approved military personnel who are lap swimming and actively involved in a physical training evolution. Approval can be
granted by the Aquatics Coordinator, Pool Captain, or any MWR managerial staff).
- Only U. S. Coast Guard-approved personal flotation devices are permitted in the pool. Inflatable devices (i. e. non-USCG
approved life vests, infant rings, rafts, inner tubes, water wings, etc.) are not permitted at any time.
- Portable radios, televisions, or music devices (except small devices equipped with headphones) are not permitted.
- All diving must be a forward jump, feet first. Back dives, dives with flips, rotations, or stunts are not allowed.
- Running, pushing, dunking, horseplay, or excessive splashing and obnoxious behavior are not prohibited. Loud, boisterous,
or unruly behavior will not be permitted.
- Patrons who appear to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol will not be allowed in or near the pool facility.
- Glass is not permitted in the pool facility.
- Pets, except service animals, are not allowed.
- Fraternizing with the on-duty lifeguard is not permitted (this includes but is not limited to having excessive conversation with
an on-duty lifeguard, attempting to distract the lifeguard from their duties, etc.).
- Climbing on the lifeguard stands, resting underneath a lifeguard stand, or using lifesaving equipment, for other than emergency
use, is strictly prohibited.
- Swimming is not permitted when a lifeguard is not on duty.
- The pool capacity is 400 patrons (250 in the pool, 150 on the deck). Capacity is subject to change.
- The pool and surrounding area will be cleared of all patrons during inclement weather and remain cleared until deemed safe.
The pool and surrounding area will also be cleared when Navy Weather Command issues a Thunderstorm Condition I and will
remain cleared until the warning is lifted.
- MWR Mayport is not responsible for any lost or stolen personal items.
- Lifeguards have the authority to call Security on any patron not abiding by pool rules, showing signs of intoxication, or any
other disruptive behavior. Serious violations may result in automatic suspension of pool privileges. The Aquatics Coordinator
and/or Fitness Director have the authority to suspend pool privileges for up to 30 days. The MWR Director has the authority to
suspend privileges for 30 days or longer.
ALL RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE. THE POOL CAPTAIN, AQUATICS COORDINATOR, AND OTHER MWR MANAGERIAL STAFF RESERVE THE RIGHT TO MAKE INDEFINITE AND FINAL DECISIONS REGARDING ANY AND ALL RULES THAT ARE ENFORCED IN THE AQUATIC FACILITES. ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS CAN BE BROUGHT TO THE ATTENTION OF THE AQUATICS COORDINATOR AT (904) 270-5101.